Monday, April 13, 2009

MBA Apps Calendar Year

Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
-HERBERT HOOVER

Ah ahem…. & this according to me is an ideal calendar year…. But if only things which are real matched the ideal……..


IDEAL CALENDAR
Jan.... Decided I want to go to phoran for the divine MBA experience
Feb.... Set a date for GMAT and joined Princeton review
Mar.... Princeton Review classes finish….. Research on colleges progress………online, friends, faculty, family etc etc
Apr.... Give GMAT….. God forbid score is pathetic…….(Oh God!!! Why me!!!! I scored more than this in all my mocks)…….
May.... Nevermind…….. I can do this again……
Jun.... Work piling up…..Office is not letting go
Jul.... Finally!!!! I have my dream score ( its less than what I had hoped but it will do ………[smile][smile])….. I have to start working on my essays from this week…..
Aug.... TOEFL Waiver sent…. Ensured that all the docs to be sent are in order………Work on essays is in progress….. draft 25th sent to Deepti for review……;)…… (after draft 5 I will charge money for my services)
Sep.... First Deadline arrives
Oct.... Deadline for second college…. Deadline for third college……. Will it ever end…….Search for scholarships and start filling up scholarship application forms
Nov.... My first intimation for interview arrives…..
Dec.... Yay!!!! I am through…………… I am going to Judge!!!!!


*****************************************


Moving on from the ideal world………. My GMAT year was extended from12 months to 16 months…….. and you will soon see why


REAL CALENDAR
June 2003…. I want to do MBA from phoran …. From the best …. From the top 20 only
Nov 2007…. Yay!!! Me n G finally tied the knot
Dec 2007…. Settled (n cleaned) my new house)
Jan 2008…. Joined Princeton review
March 2008…. GMAT scheduled n postponed
April 2008…. Strange GMAT incident happened (check blog ;) )
May 2008… Finally gave GMAT
August 2008…. Started working on my essays finally
September 2008….ISB deadline on 15th …. App sent after slaving for hours…. Left fro europe
October 1 2008….Came back from Europe …..Judge’s first deadline
October 24, 2008….Said’s deadline…..
November, 2008….ISB interview n offer
November 2008…..Judge Interview….. I politely told them I could not visit them in UK for professional reasons…. My interview was rescheduled for later
March 2009…. Judge telephonic interview ….. Deadline for all scholarships are over…… I am doomed to pay all the money through loan…..

No comments:

Post a Comment